It has been great to see so many members enjoying the facilities and getting out on the water. Whilst we can now go sailing there are still restrictions in place and we ask all members to follow the advice below which is inline with guidance from the RYA and the Government.
Changes from the last update are in bold and listed first.
Covid-19 specific advice for members
- The toilets and changing rooms are open for use (but please limit their use where possible and come changed).
- Domestic stays in household groups are now permitted.
- All members come to the club and sail at their own risk.
- Please follow the government advice on hygiene and maintain appropriate social distancing at all times.
- Gatherings can be in groups of up to six people or two different households.
- Do not come to the club if you or a member of your household have any symptoms.
- Face-coverings should be worn when inside the toilets or clubhouse.
- Double handers in particular are recommended to follow government guidelines in choosing who they go sailing with.
- Visitors are welcome at the club – visitors will be charged a temporary membership fee of £10 and needed to be signed in (verbally to the duty committee representative) by a member.
- Whilst there will be organised safety cover please carry out your own risk assessments for choosing what conditions to set sail in – read our Advice for all sailors.
Take a considerate and conservative approach
Shoreham Sailing Club’s reputation with our stakeholders and within the local and sailing communities could be jeopardised by our actions over the coming weeks and we ask all members to take this into account if they plan to come to the club.
We are following the RYA’s guidance to encourage the sailing community to take a considerate and conservative approach
- Considerate: be mindful of the potential impact that you could have on other water users and do not place unnecessary extra strain on the RNLI and emergency services.
- Conservative: help to minimise risk by taking an extra conservative approach to your sailing.
By sailing from Shoreham SC, members are agreeing to abide by the points above and to have read our advice for sailors on personal risk assessments.