We will be suspending all organised land-based and sailing activities at Shoreham Sailing Club in light of the Government’s advice. Members should note;
- The Marlow Ropes evening on Wednesday 25 March is cancelled
- No formal racing will take place until further notice.
- Duty commitments will be temporarily suspended.
- Members are allowed to take out their own boats, but do so at their own risk.
- The clubhouse will not be shut but access should be limited – whilst we will maintain our cleaning schedule we can not guarantee that the clubhouse is germ-free.
- The club will not be selling food or drink.
Members that would prefer to take their own boats out in the company of other similar-minded people are invited to join a Club Covid-19 WhatsApp group, by emailing their mobile number to email@example.com
We recommend that members;
- Follow all guidance from the government.
- Do not come to club if they have any symptoms.
- Maintain high levels of hygiene whilst on club premises.
- Come changed ready to sail to limit use of the clubhouse.
This was not an easy decision for the committee to take, but these are extraordinary times. We are also keen to ensure that sailing is still possible for those that are able and keen to get on the water for their mental and physical wellbeing.
Thanks for your support in making this happen. The committee will constantly review the situation and we will share any further developments by email, on the website and social media with the aim to resume normal club activities as soon as it is safe to do so.
Commodore, Shoreham Sailing Club