Races to count will be approx. 60% of total number of races sailed (when 5 or more races are sailed). The table below shows the number to count in all cases:
|Races to count||1||2||2||3||3||4||4||5||5||6||7||~60%|
Racing will be held for the following fleets:
First race on “2-race” days for the Spring, Summer and Autumn Series
- Fast Handicap overall (SSC club PY =< 1000) with class/fleet results extracted for Merlin Rockets, Multihulls and Fast Handicap only
- Medium Handicap overall (SSC club PY 1000 -1174 inclusive) with class/fleet results extracted for Lasers, Phantoms, RS200’s, Wayfarers and Medium Handicap only
- Slow Handicap overall (SSC club PY 1175 & higher)
PM races & Wednesday series:
- General Handicap
Easter Cup and Cooler Series:
- General Handicap with class/fleet results extracted for Fast Handicap, Medium Handicap and Slow Handicap
- Starting sequence on Sundays will be 5-4-1-0 unless otherwise stated. The starting sequence on Wednesdays is 3-2-1.
- For the 1st race of the Spring, Summer and Autumn series, all fleets will normally have separate starts. Depending on the number of competitors, the Race Officer may decide to have 1 start for all fleets.
- When 1 start is indicated for fast, medium and slow fleets, the number of laps will be in accordance with the course instructions.
- Class/Fleet results will be extracted from the Fast, Medium and Slow Handicap races, subject to there being at least two starters in that Handicap race. Any Class result will stand even if there is only one entrant in that Class.
- Duties: Average points will be awarded to helms at the end of each series, for each Race Officer, Assistant or Support Boat duties they performed in that series. (Refer to section 10.5 of Club Racing SIs for full conditions.)
- Times are GMT or BST as appropriate. It is the responsibility of competitors to be ready to start at the scheduled time. Where races are scheduled Back to Back (B/B), the second race will start as soon as possible after the first has finished.
Please note it is the responsibility of all duty crews, race officers, etc. to re-arrange / swap their duties if unavailable. To swap your duty, please log on to the Sailing Club Manager Portal