Thirteen Shoreham Rocketeers went on the annual pilgrimage to Salcombe along with a substantial shore party of Chaplins, Warrens and visiting Whitneys. With a larger entry than normal the nine Shoreham boats (we’ve adopted the ones which included Shoreham crews) battled it out in the fleet of 120 and had what must have been one of the sunniest weeks in recent memory.
Highlights of the week include;
- The best fish pie in town, courtesy of the Chaplins.
- The biggest round of applause at prizegiving for Grand Master Alan and Will
- Sun, sun, sun…
- Beer, beer, wine, beer…
- Alex Jackson beating William on count-back
- Double Warren black flag for William and Alex when leading (no surprise when you start ahead!!)
- Being pipped for team prize by Hollingworth Lake on count-back
- William losing to Alex Jackson on count-back
In the overall results Shoreham boats (and crews) finished as follows;
- 7th: Alex Jackson and Frances Gifford
- 8th: William Warren and Chris Robinson
- 10th: Jon Ibbotson and Sophie Mackley
- 12th: Alan Warren and Will Carroll
- 16th: Olly Turner and Alex Warren
- 37th: Will Rainey and Caroline Croft
- 54th: Ross Jackson and Kelly Miller
- 76th: Antonia Bull and Jamie Wright
- 108th: Richard Bramley and Tony Cheal
Read the report from the final day on the Yachts and Yachting website.
A selection of photos taken during the week can be viewed below.