This is a joint Open Event organised by Shoreham Sailing Club & Sussex Yacht Club taking place on the weekend of Saturday 10th & Sunday 11th June, 2023. Racing is organised for both keelboats and dinghies, west of Shoreham Harbour, in arguably the best sea sailing location on the south coast!
Here is some detail on the dinghy racing (watch this space for more details on Keelboats!)…
- Saturday: Dinghies will have their own course, with 3 races back to back.
- Sunday: One very long race, “The Black Rock Race”, from Shoreham to Brighton and back.
The dinghy event results will be split into fast, medium & slow fleets. Fast and medium fleets cannot discard the Black Rock Race, but the slow fleet must!
A big turnout is anticipated from the Merlin Rockets and International Canoes. Other classes sailed locally and most likely competing are: Toppers, ILCAs, Aeros, D-Zeros, Phantoms, Supernovas, Wayfarers, RS200s & Catamarans.
There’ll be plenty to do off the water too with a packed social plan happening at the Sussex Yacht Club.
There are a total of 6 trophies up for grabs:
- Trophy for the overall winner
- Trophy for the overall winner of the Fast Fleet
- Trophy for the overall winner of the Medium Fleet
- Trophy for the overall winner of the Slow Fleet
- Trophy for the overall winner of Saturday
- The Black Rock Trophy (winner of Sunday’s Race)
Dinghies launch from the SSC boat ramp, located within the harbour.
Camping is available but booking early is advised!
See NoR and more at https://members.shorehamsailing.org/event/FoS-2023