As approved at the AGM in 2018 we have been going through the process of becoming a Charitable Incorporated Organisation (CIO). Our submission for CIO status has now been approved by the Charities Commission and the next step is for us to approve and adopt the new CIO compliant constitution – which is why we are calling a Special Meeting on Sunday 15 March at 1100hrs.
The benefits to the club of becoming a CIO include;
- Better liability protection for our members, committee and Trustees
- There are Charitable tax advantages for the club
- The club can access a wider range of funding opportunities
- The club remains eligible for Gift Aid on all donations
In brief, members will not notice any difference in the management and running of the club, but we are seeking to;
- use the tax benefits to best effect,
- ensure that the club is better set up for the future
- to take advantage of wider funding opportunities.
The proposed constitution and bylaws can be downloaded below;