We are pleased to announce that we will be running a two day Regatta for Shoreham SC members over the August Bank Holiday weekend. It’s been a difficult year and it would be great to see as many members as possible.
The Covid requirements mean that we’ll require competitors to be a little more flexible with the race team but we’ll endeavour to make it a competitive and fun series.
The event will consist of:
- 3 races per day, 6 in total with a discard after 4
- General Handicap and Youth Fleets
- 10.30 starts on both days
- Registration/Signing-On will be outside daily before going afloat.
- The is no Entry Fee.
- The galley will be open for teas, coffees and baguettes after racing.
- Trophies awarded for overall fleet winners and other prizes depending on entries
- Notice of Race (.pdf)
- Sailing instructions (.pdf)
Unfortunately, due to current restrictions, the club rules remain in force. Please familiarise yourself with the Covid notice on the SSC website.
- The clubhouse, except for the toilets, will be closed for the event. Changing rooms are only to be used in exceptional circumstances.
- Competitors are encouraged to arrive ready to sail and shower when at home.
If you would like to volunteer for a duty please sign up on dutyman.
Shoreside volunteers would also be welcome, particularly for registration. Please contact mBen (see below) if you can help.
We hope you can join us and make the 2020 Regatta an enjoyable and memorable event.
For all queries contact Ben Jones, Sailing Secretary. firstname.lastname@example.org