If you intend to race we would recomend that you get there in plenty of time as we will be racing out at sea and as the slipway is narrower it will take more time to get the safety boats and all the dinghies on the water, as well as a slightly longer sail to the racing area.
There isn’t room for vehicles and boats in the dinghy park, so on race days, please do not attempt to drive in – boats can be dropped off on the road and walked through. There are limited dinghy parking spaces within the club grounds, but there is plenty within the car park compound, which is accessible through club grounds and not from the road.
Launching and recovery
- No vehicles are allowed on the temporary slipway
- No one is to launch until the safety boats are on the water
- Only boats on trolleys to use the slipway, trolleys to be brought up the shingle banking on the left or right
- All trolleys to be left in the car park compound or your own boat space (Please don’t block access for Adur SC boats)
- Once launched please move away from the temporary slipway onto the shingle
- On returning please land on the shingle and do not block the slipway until your trolley is ready
On the water
- Where necessary we will tow dinghies round Soldiers point.
- Safety boats will be positioned on Soldiers point and if you are asked to wait, then please do so – they will be in a better position to see what is coming
- There is an orange buoy marking the end of our new slipway do not go inside it, and give it a wide berth (at risk off taking out your foils)
We ask that you are understanding during our first weekends of sailing – whilst we have ensured we have access to the water, we may need to ammend procedures.